I know it's been forever and I know I'm supposed to keep up with this blog. I'll get better about it. On a positive note though I have been doing things on the list...
3. Get my passport...DONE! We are going on a cruise at the end of the month so I went to the post office back in August and gave them all the necessary papers plus a smile for my picture. A couple weeks later my passport came in the mail. Now I can't wait to use it!
4. Keep teaching art every month...DONE! I finished my art duties back in June. Niles is in junior high now so no more art for me. It was fun and I'm glad I'm done with school stuff til I have kids of my own.
10. Finish paying off medical bills...Getting there! Unfortunately I acquired a bunch more this year but I'm working on them. I'm making a dent and will continue to just keep plugging away until they are paid off. Ben suggested adding me to his insurance because it's WAY better than the crap I have, so in about a month I will be on his and I won't have to stress about accruing another $5000 every year anymore.
12. Spend more time with Matt...Doing that. Him and Lori have been over a few times for dinner and we will be doing a walk in a couple weeks together.
14. Start getting my pictures in the scrapbook Ben gave me...Almost done! I only have 2 more months left to add and then I'll start working on 2008.
17. Clean out the trunk of my car...Did and now needs to be done again. lol It's full of stuff that needs to go to Goodwill.
36. Go to Mexico and relax on the beach...We will be doing that October 27th! We stop in Cozumel on our cruise and we'll be going on a Zip Line Adventure that includes snorkeling and you can bet I'll be laying on the beach as well.
38. Go camping with my dad over the summer...Done! We went on a couple camping trips with my dad. It's nice to have a closer relationship with him than what we had when I was growing up.
40. Do our monthly game night with Shannon and her parents...We've changed this up a bit. We'll be doing dinners with them twice a month and I'm sure we'll be playing games sometimes too.
46. Walk around Green Lake...Matt and I will be walking around the lake October 11th for the AFSP Community Walk.
48. Follow through with our monthly Sunday dinners...We haven't missed one yet.
56. Decide what kind of car I want to buy...I've decided I'll keep the Jetta. I love the car and would just be trading it in for a newer model but mine is in great condition and has low miles so there's no need at this point.
59. Buy a new shower curtain liner...Done
66. Go to Leavenworth for the day...I'm going with Shannon and her mom in a couple weeks.
68. Start doing the AIDS Walk or some other benefit walk at least once a year...Matt and I will be walking in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention in a couple weeks. The cause hits very close to home.
74. Buy new sunglasses I'll actually wear...Done
75. Travel to some place new...How about 4 new places? We'll be going to Miami (I've been to Florida but not Miami), Cozumel, Grand Caymen, and Jamaica. I can't wait!! Only 22 more days!
80. Learn to cook fish...Done! I made salmon and halibut and both turned out amazing! Everyone raved about them and ate seconds! I'm not scared to cook it anymore.
84. Go bowling...Jenn and I took the girls last weekend when Ben and I were in Oregon.
95. Create a better filing system at work...Done!
99. Get rid of all the clothes in my closet that I don't wear...Done! That's why my trunk is full of stuff for Goodwill. lol
As you can see I've been working on the list even though I haven't been posting updates. I've made a good dent in it and will continue. :)
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think you have just inspired me to make a list! I have so many things to do and this would be a great thing to use. Its just a matter of sticking to it!
Yay! i love reading updates, even when they're spread months apart. :)
Glad to see you back in the blogging world! Wow you have been busy on your list. Great to hear from you.
Lesley
Post a Comment