I know I haven't been good about updating but I have been good about accomplishing some of the things on the list. Here's a recap…
4. Keep teaching art every month at the school - Next Friday is the last art lesson for the year. If Shannon and I can get Christian's class next year then I'll teach it again otherwise I'm done since by brother will be in junior high.
10. Finish paying off medical bills - I was making good progress until my latest surgery. That added $5000 to the mix. UGH! But I'm working on it and that's all I can do.
12. Spend more time with Matt - Ben and I went over to my brother's for dinner a little while ago. It was nice hanging out and hearing about how he's doing and what he's been up to.
14. Start getting my pictures in the scrapbook album Ben gave me - I'm doing VERY good with this one. I'm almost done with our first year together and I've uploaded and ordered all the pictures as current as just a few weeks ago.
23. Try Shannon's new hair salon to get my hair cut - Big mistake! lol I did this and regretted it. The girl didn't listen to a word I said and screwed up my hair. It was uneven and looked like shit unless I spent an hour styling it. I don't spend an hour on my hair ever! When I went back to my regular salon the girl was shocked at how uneven my hair was. All is good though now that it's been fixed and my little world is happy again. I will happily pay the $75 from now on knowing that I'll walk out with what I asked for. No more bargain hair salon shopping for me.
24. Return the black Coach wallet I got for Christmas and get the brown one - I tried but the Macy's I went to doesn't carry Coach and they told me to go to the other mall. At this point I think I'll just use it. It's cute and I can get use out of it. I just need a brown one so I figured since I already have a black one I would just exchange the new one. So much for thinking. lol
25. Play miniature golf - We took Niles and Christian to the miniature golf course on Saturday. We had a great time and the boys did really well. Here are some pictures for ya…
4. Keep teaching art every month at the school - Next Friday is the last art lesson for the year. If Shannon and I can get Christian's class next year then I'll teach it again otherwise I'm done since by brother will be in junior high.
10. Finish paying off medical bills - I was making good progress until my latest surgery. That added $5000 to the mix. UGH! But I'm working on it and that's all I can do.
12. Spend more time with Matt - Ben and I went over to my brother's for dinner a little while ago. It was nice hanging out and hearing about how he's doing and what he's been up to.
14. Start getting my pictures in the scrapbook album Ben gave me - I'm doing VERY good with this one. I'm almost done with our first year together and I've uploaded and ordered all the pictures as current as just a few weeks ago.
23. Try Shannon's new hair salon to get my hair cut - Big mistake! lol I did this and regretted it. The girl didn't listen to a word I said and screwed up my hair. It was uneven and looked like shit unless I spent an hour styling it. I don't spend an hour on my hair ever! When I went back to my regular salon the girl was shocked at how uneven my hair was. All is good though now that it's been fixed and my little world is happy again. I will happily pay the $75 from now on knowing that I'll walk out with what I asked for. No more bargain hair salon shopping for me.
24. Return the black Coach wallet I got for Christmas and get the brown one - I tried but the Macy's I went to doesn't carry Coach and they told me to go to the other mall. At this point I think I'll just use it. It's cute and I can get use out of it. I just need a brown one so I figured since I already have a black one I would just exchange the new one. So much for thinking. lol
25. Play miniature golf - We took Niles and Christian to the miniature golf course on Saturday. We had a great time and the boys did really well. Here are some pictures for ya…




27. Read up on the different presidential candidates and decide who I want to vote for - I have done this and continue to read up on them. I'm pretty sure I know who I want to win at this point.
34. Try new restaurants - We've been stepping outside of our box more. Just last Friday we went to Magiano's, a new Italian restaurant in the area, and it was delicious.
38. Go camping with my dad over the summer - We are going to the ocean with my dad for Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully the weather is nice!
41. Visit the cemetery twice a year - After the Tulip Festival Ben and I went to the cemetery and dropped off some tulips for my Grandpa and Aunt and his Grandma and Grandpa. As hard as it is to go, I do feel better knowing that I went.
44. Finish organizing the 2nd bedroom - I've started on this and am making good progress. Now I just need to tackle the closet.
52. Invest more in my 401(k) - I doubled my contribution every month and hopefully it will pay off. I lost almost a thousand dollars last quarter which definitely didn't make me happy but things will get better sooner or later.
53. Pay attention to my 401(k) - We switched our 401(k) over to Edwards Jones and now I'm getting bombarded with info on where my money is going and what it is doing. I almost think it's too much information. lol
70. Buy a new cabinet that hold all cds, dvds, and video games - We tried to get another one that matches the one we currently have but they don't make it anymore. So now we need to find a bigger cabinet that matches the other furniture to replace the old one. I am trying though.
71. Finish my Family Events responsibilities on the PTA at my brother's school and then be DONE with the PTA until I have kids of my own - One more event and that's it! I can't wait!! We have a teacher basketball game we are coordinating on Thursday and then Family Events are over for the year. YAY!!
74. Buy new sunglasses I'll actually wear - Ben bought me a pair about a month ago. I kinda liked them and wore them a few times but they aren't comfortable and I've decided they aren't that cute so now we're back to having none that I will actually wear. lol
75. Travel to some place new - We are going on a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise in October. I can't wait! We'll be going to Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
87. Use my day planner so I can keep track of everything that is always going on in my life - I know this is the age of technology but I do way better writing stuff down on paper. I've had the electronic day planners and they don't work for me but I've been using my day planner religiously since January.
100. Upload all my pictures to snapfish so I have a backup of them if anything ever happens - I have done this for my computer at home, now I just need to do it for my work computer since I store most of my pictures on it.

3 comments:
Thats alot! Good for you! :)
Way to go girl! You sure have been busy ;-) I hope you have a great weekend at the beach, I'm jealous!
Do you ever sleep? You are going to LOVE Mexico! We miss you.
Love
Lesley
Post a Comment