Thursday, January 17, 2008
Date Night and A New Restaurant
Last night was Date Night with Shannon and Ron. We went to a fantastic new restaurant, called Purple, and the food was delicious! It's a wine bar and although Shannon and I are not wine drinkers, the boys are. We had received gift cards for the restaurant from Shannon's parents for Christmas. Shannon's mom volunteered to watch Christian so last night was the night. The place was unbelievably busy but our server couldn't have been better. We (I should say I) decided we would do the cheese and wine flight for our starter. You pick a few different cheeses and they pair them with wine. I figured this would be a good experience for Shannon and I since we don't like wine usually. The cheeses were pretty yummy, the wines not so much! lol Ben and Ron enjoyed them but us girls weren't sold. We'll be sticking to our martinis. Then came dinner, Shannon and I both had the chicken marsala with sauteed green beans and garlic mashed potatoes, Ben had filet mignon, and Ron the spinach pasta special. We were all VERY happy with our meals and ate til we couldn't eat anymore. The dessert menu came around though and we found more room. I didn't know where I was going to put it but I had to have the creme brulee. YUM! Date night was fun and the restaurant a new experience for all of us! We couldn't have spent it with better friends and we'll definitely do it again soon! Next time though the boys need to quit their crap talk! lol Love ya guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment